dimanche 10 mars 2013

Breakfast of Champions

I am a foodie french girl ... Yes, I do enjoy food for pleasure ! 
When I first arrived in Canada I was almost freaked out ... How will I survive for a year eating north american food instead of my delicious french dishes !? 10 months later I am alive and I can still slip on my old french pair of jeans. I actually really enjoy the culinary culture over here, which is much healthier than I expected. Don't get me wrong, you can find burgers, pizzas, burritos and greasy stuff around every corner in town, but Vancouverites are very concerned about what they have in their plate ! I am especially amazed by guys, they are so many of them who eat salads, quinoa, lentils, make juices (one of my friend even keep the pulp to do crackers afterwards with his dehydrator), and pick all those organic produces ... work out and/or practice yoga !

So today, I share with you one of my favorite healthy breakfast that I discovered here. Nothing crazy but I love it ! 

"The Oatmeal"



Ingredients ...

1/4 cup rolled oatmeal
1 cup milk or water

Dried fruit
Brown sugar, honey or maple syrup
Nuts or seeds

... Preparation

1. Pour all oatmeal, milk and/or water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Turn down to simmer.

2. Cook until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes, stirring a few times. For non-creamy oatmeal, boil the water first, then add the oat. 
If I am in a hurry, I use the microwaves it works well too. 

3. Finish it with your favorite toppings, such as fresh or dried fruit, etc.


Ingrédients ...

1/4 tasse de flocons d'avoine
1 tasse de lait ou d'eau

fruits secs
sucre brun, miel ou sirop d'érable
graines ou noix

... Préparation

1. Verser les flocons d'avoine, le lait et ou l'eau dans une casserole. Porter à ébullition, en remuant de temps en temps. Baisser le feu pour laisser mijoter.

2. Cuire environ 5 minutes jusqu'à obtenir une consistance épaisse et crémeuse. Pour un gruau non crémeux, faire bouillir l'eau séparément, puis la verser sur les flocons d'avoine.
Quand je suis pressée, j'utilise le micro-ondes et ça marche plutôt bien aussi.

3. Finaliser la préparation en ajoutant la garniture de votre choix, fruits frais ou secs, etc.  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire