lundi 1 avril 2013

Beauty and Green Attitude ! {DIY}



Every day it's the same ritual, a bit of blush on my cheeks and a hint of mascara on my eyelashes ... and so every night I have to remove this make-up ! I use about 3 cotton pads every day, it means that by the end of the year I would have used at least a thousands of them. The intensive harvesting of cotton leads in some areas of the world to an irremediable desertification by using a lot of water and involving chemicals as pesticides and insecticides. 
I know that I'm not going to change the face of the world but I like the idea that I'm trying my best to reduce the waste in my daily living.
From there, the idea of reusable beauty pads came to my mind. I've made them from a microfiber fabric ("beauty cloth" that I found at the dollar store).
I remove my make-up with my new pads since a month now and I'm very satisfied with the outcome :
- The texture is very soft and doesn't irritate my skin as much as the cotton would.
- I don't need to use any make-up remover, I just wet the pad with water. The microfiber is the key, it gets rid of the make-up very easily even the waterproof mascara.
- It cost me 8$ !

I store the pads in a laundry net once I've used them. I can thus pass them in the laundry and dryer easily.


Beauty Pads {DIY}



Tools and materials ...



Prinking shear

Beauty clothes (microfibers)

A small laundry bag/net

... Realisation

1. Draw circles on the fabric with a pencil and a round template (the bottom of a cup for example).

2. Cut the pads with the pinking shear. The cutting zig zag ensures clean finished edges.

3. Use the pads and store them in the laundry bag. Wash and dry them ... they are ready to be used again !


Version française : 

Tous les jours c'est le même rituel, un peu de blush sur mes pommettes et de mascara sur mes cils ... et chaque soir le démaquillage qui s'en suit ! J'utilise en moyenne 3 cotons par jour c'est à dire au minimum 1000 cotons par an. La culture intensive du coton engendre une irréversible désertification par l'utilisation de grande quantité d'eau et de produits chimiques tels que les insecticides et pesticides.
Je sais pertinemment que ça ne va pas changer la face du monde mais j'aime l'idée que je fait de mon mieux pour réduire le gaspillage dans mon quotidien.
A partir de là, l'idée de faire des disques démaquillants réutilisables à germer dans mon esprit !!! Je les ai fait en tissu microfibre (avec des lingettes de beauté achetées au dollar store du coin).
Je me démaquille avec mes nouveaux disques depuis maintenant un mois et je suis très satisfaite du résultat :
- La texture du tissu est très douce et n'irrite pas autant que le ferait le coton.
- Je n'ai pas besoin d'utiliser de démaquillant, j'humidifie les lingettes seulement avec de l'eau. La texture microfibre est le secret, elle permet de démaquiller facilement même le mascara waterproof.
- Ca m'a coûté 8$ !

Je conserve les disques utilisés dans un filet à machine à laver. Je peux ainsi les passer en machine et sèche-linge facilement.


Beauty Pads {DIY}

Matériel ...

Ciseaux cranteurs
Lingettes de beauté (microfibre)
Un petit filet à lessive

... Réalisation

1. Dessiner des cercles sur le tissu à l'aide d'un crayon à papier et d'un gabarit (Une tasse par exemple).

2. Découper les cercles avec les ciseaux crantés.La découpe en zig zag donne un rendu fini net.

3. Utilisez vos disques démaquillants et conservez les dans un filet à lessive. Lavez les, séchez les ... ils sont prêts à être réutilisés ! 









1 commentaire:

  1. coton-tiges bambou, I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    RépondreSupprimer